The objectives and purposes of the Association are:
- To develop, promote and protect Thoroughbred racing and the interests of Thoroughbred horse owners and breeders;
- To improve the conditions of racing, breeding and raising of Thoroughbred horses;
- To investigate, report and eliminate or remove in any lawful way all practices detrimental or injurious to the breeding, raising and racing of Thoroughbred horses;
- To promote and maintain mutual understanding and respect between Thoroughbred horse owners and breeders, other racing associations, the public, and all other important segments of the racing industry;
- To advise national, state and local governments on matters affecting the Thoroughbred industry;
- To educate, promote and encourage cooperative efforts among owners and breeders of Thoroughbred horses to achieve the foregoing objectives and purposes.